Friday, March 21, 2008

"CALL," don't "SEND."

Okay. So first I will start off by saying I am guilty of contributing to the problem. Texting is convienent, it's fairly inexpensive and it can make some things easier. HOWEVER, there comes a time when texting does nothing more than get in the way. When you're out with friends or family, when you're in with friends and family and in general when you're with other people. It's plain rude if it continues for an extended period of time. Oftentimes a receiver cannot control what the sender does and it puts the receiver in a difficult situation with those around him or her. Hey, here's a novel idea...try making a phone call. Texting is meaningless the majority of the time and phone calls have the potential to be meaningful.



The bottom line is texting can be useful in circumstances like, "I'm Here." "What time?" Etc. However I am over the days of texting conversations back and forth for hours. And saying that, I should apologize to my family members. If (as a receiver of text messages) I can control it, from now on there will be no problem. That's a guarantee.



3 comments:

stacey said...

Good work, way to kick the habit, so to speak.

Jeff and I have discussed how we are not even young enough to be in the "texting generation," which is surprising because there are some peers our age who are. I'll send pictures but not much else, I'd rather talk to someone than have fragmented conversations that make my fingers ache.

Dee said...

I TOTALLY agree and don't get Ryan started on this subject! Blogging on the other hand is a great way of keeping up with everyone, especially if you are thinking about them or your spare time is at 2 am.

Destination Davis said...

THANK YOU!!!! FINALLY! LOL!!!