Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's Smarter!

So today I interviewed for a position as an intern at Cox Media. Some may remember that two summers ago I did this as well. Basically to make a long story short, I got the job and will be spending the summer as an intern for Cox Media of Northern Virginia. I'm kind of really excited. Two years ago I worked specifically with the accounting department, and while I did learn a lot of things and had a lot of great interactions, I learned that I don't really have a desire to go into numbers. This summer I will be interning in all aspects of Cox Media. I will basically be the busy work person (which is fine with me) for all departments: sales, production, traffic and accounting. Basically it should be a great summer. I mean seriously, who doesn't love 40+ hour work weeks and going to work out with their dad every morning at the office gym at 6:30 AM? I'm just kidding. I'm looking forward to all of it and learning everything I can!

8 comments:

stacey said...

HOORAY HOORAY!

I was going to leave a comment for you if you hadn't written about the job yet, but you did write and so I will leave a comment anyways.

I told Dad to let you use the CELEBRATE! plate for dinner. I hope you did.

We are really excited for you. As Jeff would say: YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEE!

Destination Davis said...

We're very happy for you! Congrats!!! Sounds like you'll have an awesome summer, Dad is really very proud of you and I know he is excited to have you come to work with him. It'll be great! Good for you, E! Love ya!

*who am I?*
"I wan treeeet, WOOHOO!!!"

Destination Davis said...

What is "It's Smarter" mean? Is that Cox's catch phrase for there promo commercials?

Erin said...

stacey- thanks! we did not in fact use the celebrate plate. :( BUT we went to dinner to celebrate instead..to a little place in cascades called Ted's Montana Grill. I had a bison burger. It was incredible.

jamie- thanks! i mostly like how you call me "E" but sometimes tell mom that my name is "ERIN" not "RIN." That is where the other portion of my name went, you stole it. you'll have to let mom know. and also, YOU WERE TYS! i totally caught on. although, you might have been jason....
i wann treeeeeeeeeet. hahaha
and yes, "It's Smarter" is in fact Cox's slogan. Used on their commercials, and website, and all their advertising. I meant to mention that in what I wrote but, I forgot. So, way to be smart! "You're Smarter!"

Tracey said...

MOM'S excited, too! We had a great time at Ted's Buffalo Grill. Congratulations, "RIN!"

Signed,
Another Smart One

stacey said...

HAHA I don't know why but Mom writing "Signed" was humorous. Bison burgers in the east are probably not very fresh. Just sayin'.

CORYNN AND JER said...

Like seafood in Utah.

Congrats, Erin!!

Destination Davis said...

LOL, Corynn.

I apologize, I made a MAJOR spelling error, because I am only ever on this thing in the wee hours.

Correction: "What is "It's Smarter" mean? Is that Cox's catch phrase for THEIR promo commercials?"


And with that, I'm off to bed. Nighty, Night!